1. Pillar candles: commonly used as part of a display and have a long burning time. These types of candles can be several feet tall.
2. Votive candles: are smaller versions of the pillar candles with a shorter burning time. However, they are considerably cheaper and generally more suitable for everyday use.
3. Tea light candles: enable you to use your imagination with pretty holders.
These candles are often used as floating candles or as part of a table display, where space is at a premium.
4. Ball candles: a display all by themselves and a superb central piece for a display; available in a huge variety of sizes and burning times.
5. Floating candles: specifically designed to be used in water. As these types of candles are often used in the bathroom, they are generally available in a wider range of scents. Burning time is short and the essence is on ambiance and relaxation.
6. Taper candles: are the types of candles that we commonly think of when candles are mentioned. Taper candles are mainly seen arranged in groups of three, in a fork like shape; a great center-piece for any dining table.
7. Emergency candles: let’s not forget the emergency candle, reserved for those unplanned blackouts!