light dressing refresh your taste buds, preparing them for the new flavors of the dessert to follow.
Salad: 1 small head of Boston lettuce
1 small head of romaine or 1 medium-sized head of iceberg lettuce
3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1 clove garlic
1 tsp. salt (optional) garlic.
3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
1. To prepare salad greens, wash Boston lettuce and romaine thoroughly. Drain by placing leaves on paper Place clean greens in the plastic bag along with the paper towels, to absorb any remaining water. Refrigerate for at least half an hour.
2. Tear greens into small pieces and place them in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with parsley.
3. Chop garlic into very fine pieces and put in a small bowl.
4. Use the back of a spoon to mash garlic. Then mix it with salt.
5. Add vinegar and pepper, stirring until smooth.
6. Place in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid. add oil, screw on lid, and shake until well blended.
7. Pour about half of the vinaigrette dressing over greens. Toss with a fork and spoon until greens are well coated and no dressing remains on bottom of bowl.