Toned Arms in 10 Minutes
- Pass ball to left hand and slowly lower left arm straight out to left while lowering bent knees and right arm to right.
- As soon as right arm touches floor, bring legs and arms back to center. Pass ball to right hand and repeat on other side for 1 rep.
- Do 10 reps. Rest for 30 seconds; repeat.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and a 1- to 2-pound dumbbell in each hand, arms extended in front of you at shoulder height, palms down.
- Quickly rotate your wrists inward as far as possible, then outward.
- Continue alternating for 60 seconds.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, holding a 1- to 2-pound weight in each hand, fists in front of your face, palms facing each other.
- Without moving your left fist, punch your right fist up as high as possible without locking your elbow.
- Quickly pull right fist back to starting position as you simultaneously punch your left fist upward.
- Continue alternating for 60 seconds; start slowly and gradually increase speed until you're moving as fast as you can.
- Stand holding a 1- to 2-pound weight in each hand.
- Bring fists in front of face, palms facing each other.
- Step left foot 6 inches forward and right foot 6 inches back.
- Punch with left fist, then right. Start slowly, speeding up until you're going as fast as you can.
- Repeat for 60 seconds.
- Switch feet and repeat.
Mistake-Proof Your Workout
The Move: Biceps curl
The Cheat: Bending forward or backward at the waist makes it easy for momentum to take over.
Fix It: Do the move with your back against a wall.
The Move: Standing shoulder press
The Cheat: Many people bend their knees too much, then stand up to give themselves added power when pressing the weights overhead.
Fix It: Do the move seated instead.
The Move: Triceps push-down
The Cheat: If you draw your elbows behind you as you press the bar down, it shifts the effort off the triceps and onto the shoulders and lower chest muscles.
Fix It: Pin your elbows to your sides to prevent them from swaying back.